The big guy gives a more police vibe because of how neat his clothes are. I like the single shoulder strap choice instead of dual epaulets. You should attach something to it or put some stripes on it to show rank so it's more utilitarian.
Cape guy looks like the head boss and the renegade nature of his belt and cape gives him attitude.
The epaulets on the hero look lego-ly. Maybe make the straps blue, and the buttons orange.
The big buttons on his coat should be more angled since they're going over an uneven surface. I'm digging the hands and the bandanna.
Awesome stuff dude. Loving the shapes and colors. I think on the hero dude his shoulder area looks very flattened, either by the shoulder things, the way you've shaded it, or the lack of lines to define another plane. His head/face is sweet shit! Digging the clothing designs, especially on the smaller police dude. The lines on the rough are great, so much form portrayed with so little. Awesooooooooooooooooooome
Ahhh I remember Pan Fry when you were workin on it a couple weeks ago. Brilliant armor design. Keep it up dude, I can definitely see game companies swarming all over your sweet tender ass
Dang Den! If there were any more pieces in this post I'd have to write a novel and send it to you via snail mail!
Okay, here goes...
Pan fry is sweet stuff. I really like the font you used, and nice turn around. Only crit on this guy is that the perspective/arrangement on his bolts is bit weird on the left side arm and the right shoulder piece.
The Police State guys are both cool. Good stuff. The only thing that started to bother me after looking at these for a while was the ultra-smooth gradient on the left guy's gun. This is just a personal opinion thing, not really a critique, but it might look cooler if you broke up the smoothness and had the gradient break up over some kind of metal looking texture? I don't know, maybe just anything to make it less smooth, imo.
The baton guy is tight. I really like the hair and face, and I love the colors. This guy is probably my favorite out of the bunch. Crits on this guy is that his wrists seem a bit stretched and they curve. Again, (cause I critted on this in Kell'ys piece too) you might just cast this comment off to style, but take another look at those wrists and see if they don't seem a little weird to you. This guy's torso in general just seems flat, not including the arms. Maybe if you used the folds to wrap the lines around him or add some values on the edges somehow? It needs something to give it a bit more volume. Other than these, good stuff.
The sketchy guy is pimp!
Overall I think these are all great, I really like your fonts and layouts too. Sweet hands too man.
5 comments:
The big guy gives a more police vibe because of how neat his clothes are. I like the single shoulder strap choice instead of dual epaulets. You should attach something to it or put some stripes on it to show rank so it's more utilitarian.
Cape guy looks like the head boss and the renegade nature of his belt and cape gives him attitude.
The epaulets on the hero look lego-ly. Maybe make the straps blue, and the buttons orange.
The big buttons on his coat should be more angled since they're going over an uneven surface. I'm digging the hands and the bandanna.
Awesome stuff dude. Loving the shapes and colors. I think on the hero dude his shoulder area looks very flattened, either by the shoulder things, the way you've shaded it, or the lack of lines to define another plane. His head/face is sweet shit! Digging the clothing designs, especially on the smaller police dude. The lines on the rough are great, so much form portrayed with so little. Awesooooooooooooooooooome
phong - epaulets, epaulets, epaulets! We need to do more clothes shopping and get us some epaulet jackets
kelly - Thanks man. Means a lot :D For my designs, I mainly focus on fun shapes and raw-ness
Ahhh I remember Pan Fry when you were workin on it a couple weeks ago. Brilliant armor design. Keep it up dude, I can definitely see game companies swarming all over your sweet tender ass
Dang Den! If there were any more pieces in this post I'd have to write a novel and send it to you via snail mail!
Okay, here goes...
Pan fry is sweet stuff. I really like the font you used, and nice turn around. Only crit on this guy is that the perspective/arrangement on his bolts is bit weird on the left side arm and the right shoulder piece.
The Police State guys are both cool. Good stuff. The only thing that started to bother me after looking at these for a while was the ultra-smooth gradient on the left guy's gun. This is just a personal opinion thing, not really a critique, but it might look cooler if you broke up the smoothness and had the gradient break up over some kind of metal looking texture? I don't know, maybe just anything to make it less smooth, imo.
The baton guy is tight. I really like the hair and face, and I love the colors. This guy is probably my favorite out of the bunch. Crits on this guy is that his wrists seem a bit stretched and they curve. Again, (cause I critted on this in Kell'ys piece too) you might just cast this comment off to style, but take another look at those wrists and see if they don't seem a little weird to you. This guy's torso in general just seems flat, not including the arms. Maybe if you used the folds to wrap the lines around him or add some values on the edges somehow? It needs something to give it a bit more volume. Other than these, good stuff.
The sketchy guy is pimp!
Overall I think these are all great, I really like your fonts and layouts too. Sweet hands too man.
Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace ... Peace man... Peace ... Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace Peace
Post a Comment