Friday, June 6, 2008

B/W silos and 2 environments!




hope your all keeping busy! :)

5 comments:

Eugene Hoban said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Solid work man! I like the silo and the bloom harvest one a lot. Good colors, and nice finish. I think you can push your poses on the concept boards a little more, I'm starting to feel like your characters are getting a little stiff. The bottom 4 silhouette/thumbnails are great. Are you blowing them up and working right off of them?

Phong Nguyen said...

Hard at work I see. I like the fat guy and the spurs on the other guy's boots.

Nice reflections on the bloom piece.

Jake Murray said...

I'd say my favorite is the forest, fungi, flower thing piece. For some reason, the purple smoke coming out of the silos in the desert piece just isn't doing it for me. I think it's just that particular purple that's bugging me. Maybe if it was a lighter purple? Whatever, still good work as always.

Raz said...

I would just like to start off by saying that one of your environments has what might be called "silos" while your character stuff has silhouettes, which in shorthand might be entitles "silos". -10 points for a confusing title and grouping of artwork.

Anyhow...

Stepping things up a bit. Stuff looks hot man, like I told you over the messenger via facebook.

Character stuff looks great. Watch out for goat legged-ness on some of those silhouettes. Also the handle of that axe the guy is holding looks like its going to break at any minute. A bit too skinny, in my opinion.

The environments look great. The purple smoke didn't really bother me. One thing that did bother me a tiny bit, was the shadow from the railing coming from the foreground. Based on your lightsource I think it would be a longer shadow cast over the ground.

For the harvest piece, I think the eggs/plants that are in the middle-ground don't really have that glowing quality like the ones in the foreground do. I understand the muted color pushes them back in space, but I think either they needed to be a bit more orange, or maybe you could have worked with the lighting on and around them to make them look like they were still glowing. Still a really cool piece though.

Good stuff. You ever finish that sky castle piece? I wanna see that one up here.