Sunday, June 7, 2009

uhm


probably could of done a better job. just got lazy :/

6 comments:

Eugene Hoban said...

ok ok. good stuff here.
like the color choice.

i wish that the half tone pattern was used a little better. right now it looks like a brush in PS.

DEN said...

wow, this came outta nowhere too. damn. I really dig it. The atmospheric effect is cool

I like all the crazy patterns and effects. What brush set was it from? Baronterie? M@?

CRIT:
the halftone dots on her face could've been integrated better to match the form on her face. right now, it's pretty flat

PEACE!

Phong Nguyen said...

damn, this boi went all out.

Raz said...

Pretty cool man, really interesting texture work. You're definately Android'n it up here.

I agree with Den on the halftone thing and also I think you need to watch your angles and skewing on the face. The structure all feels a little loose right now. The eyes look a little stretched, the nose angle is slightly warped, etc. The renderings pretty good, you just need to tighten up the forms imo.

Way to bring it on time. Phong Den and I were a little late, heheh.

Oh, and don't get lazy on your next piece! Lets see what you can really do man. Its summer, you've got time now!

Jake 'N Bing said...

Raz: yes yes I will do better next time!

Den: I'm not sure what brushes I used since I d/led some + I made my own and saved them combined out to my own file. It's probably a combo of M@'s, Bumskee's, and That guy that did the speedpaint DVD for gnomon + some I made.

Phong Nguyen said...

The more I look at it, I think you shoulda left the face bare instead of rendering it so much. For one it will contrast with the business. And also not put the face in the bottom corner!The spirals in the head are cool though. A little "patterns in nature" eh?