Oh and one more thing- I started a blog of my own- even though I love this one, something to show friends and family- and others. I have a lot of illustrator files, what format do you guys use to upload work done on AI to get them in here with out distorting color (which happened in an ad campaign of mine) Should I export or simply save as a format....Kinda noob question but it has me stuck- Thanks guys

6 comments:
Hey man, these are cool. I like where you're going with the costume design on the first guy.
As for crits, the top guy looks like his legs are too short. He's got this long upper torso and long arms but short legs. Not sure if that was what you were going for, as I realize some people stylize stuff in this way, but I figured I'd point that out.
As for the second piece, it looks pretty good but your painting is really splotchy right now. Try to use the color picker to control your blending from one value to another and smooth things out a bit more, get a little more opaque with your strokes. If you want to leave stuff more transparent, maybe try using a brush other than the round so it creates an interesting texture, and try to control your strokes so they don't get totally chaotic.
Hey Raz thanks man
no legs on the first guy, kind of a half asses sketch to tell you the truth, didn't translate well
Thanks for the crits on the 2nd, definitely know digital is not my forte' right now, totally agree on textured brush. Luis was showing me the color picker technique so i will deff work on it.
Still need info on the AI file problem...with them not uploading and stuff
thanks again Raz, of course more crits are welcomed
Oh yeah man. You can export ai files as jpegs. That usually works fine for me. Worst comes to worst, you can just drag the vector lines from AI into an open Photoshop window, and it will keep it vector in Photoshop as a "smart object". Try saving it from there then. This is a total hack fix, but if its the only way you can get those files to work right now, I'd recommend it. :)
Oh, but Den recommends using the GIF format for stuff that is more vector and has less colors, and I second that. GIFs can be smaller yet crisper than jpegs because they limit the color palette based on the file, but still keep the edge quality etc.
Hey thanks so much Raz- really helpful dude, I'm going to try and get more stuff up as during the weekend
thanks again
Hey, good stuff first of all.
Looking at the self portrait, notice the difference in how you apply the strokes in the hand and the face. The hand has about one stroke per plane, this is excellent. The face seems really splotchy in comparison, try to keep your strokes at around one per plane.
Post a Comment