Monday, June 8, 2009

Machine 56 Inspiration



Here it is, a bit overdue, lol. I had a lot more planned but this took a lot longer than I thought it would, so I figured it was about time to hand this thing in. Frikkin vector, lol. Good job all who participated.

I worked off a photo of my brother from his wedding, taken by our wedding photographer Tamara Wade (gotta give props where its due.) And yes, he really had a katana in his hand. Tamara's site is here: http://www.silverthumbphoto.com/

2 comments:

DEN said...

When I first saw you start, I was like...damn, how's he gonna pull this off. But the final came out solid and legit. The crazy little details are meticulous and satisfying.

I love the graphics in the back but we weren't suppose to be able to read the little text! That's not Machine 56. haha, joke. joke.

Now let's see if your bro uses this as his facebook pic..............

Phong Nguyen said...

Slick headphones, man. The headband does look like it's ending at the head though instead of wrapping around. You shoulda made the whole elipse then use pathfinder to cut out the part thats hidden by his head. The zippertones are well done but it'd be cooler if you cover more of him with it. Like a whole dark side instead of it just sitting between the black and white. But that could be a limitation from the photograph. Texts are popping out too much for me right now too, the size are all pretty similar and they're kinda boxing him in.