
Hey everyone. I know it's been forever and a half ago since I've posted anything - or even made an appearance - out here. I'll be trying to join in on the fun this week with the Benjamin Orange (?) pieces. In any case, here's a little master study I got caught up in this week. It's a digital study of Carlos de Haes' "The Mancorbo Canal in the Picos de Europa." I just came across the piece in a book while I was working at the library and it just got me really excited (if ya know what I mean. :P). Anyway, see what you think. Looking forward to seeing the pieces at the end of the week!
3 comments:
Yo yo, this looks good. I think it was the original of this piece that you showed me this weekend, if I remember correctly.
As far as crits go, based on how this looks on my monitor, I feel like some of your colors, and maybe a little bit of the values are compressed a little, flattening things out a bit. The light blue in the background seems like maybe everywhere it's used is too similar, too even. And the green of the foreground grass, the gray of the foreground rock, same situation. Don't get me wrong, it looks really good, it just seems to flatten out a bit.
i think that this is a really good job man. If i had more practice as illustrator i might find something wrong with this stuff, but it looks good to me.
good work son! :)
-your getting good with this painter
Post a Comment