Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Machine56 piece :D

I decided to do a futuristic racing motorcycle by Honda. I also inked this pain in the ass no vectors. Giving the freehand up for illustrator even though illustrator sucks by comparison but sadly it is the standard. Not very good with the pen tool yet so that's why I inked this.
hope you like :D

7 comments:

DEN said...

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Too beastly man, too beastly. Damn!

I love the bike design and the overall feeling to this piece. I dig the helmet/LED type on it.

CRITS
Would be nice if all that small white text were vertical straight up and down BUT it's distorted following the perspective of the wing feathers. If you bring the PSD or whatever over, I can show you what I mean if you don't understand my chinese-english. :P

Tis all.

You are 110% pro already!

Question: Is that an existing font for that top right HONDA or did you custom make it?

Good shit! I'll get mine up next week, along with Raz and Fry :P

Ahmed Aldoori said...

that's freakin awesome

JAIR said...

Masterful!

better than Machine 56

For some reason it seems the back of the seat is skewed out of perspective... Maybe I'm wrong? It would be nice to see the back of his helmet lifted off his back (personal thing) just to break up the shapes. This image is very successful!

keep pimpin!

ill be coming over soon... before i leave, to pay you back!

Raz said...

Dude this looks so slick. I was actually kind of shocked when I loaded up boot camp and saw this piece pop up. Totally hot stuff. I love the idea too.

As far as crit goes, there are two things that are bugging me. I think thre are some slight perspective isues going on with the bike. I know Jair mentioned the seat, but whats bothering me more is actually the front of the bike, particularly the lights and mounting beneath the glass on the head of the bike. It looks like the lights and the glass frame are angled slightly more into the side view range where as the bike head is actually more 3/4s. The second thing thats bothering me is that the guy looks like his body is a bit too wide. Looking at where his leg is, how wide it is, and then looking back at the width of his body, things just don't seem to quite match up. I guess this is a perspective issue too, depending on how you look at it. This makes me think of the nightmare I was having putting my bow into perspective on my first rendition of the dom war piece.

Good stuff though man, for real. Super hot.

Jake Murray said...

WHollly Shit, son! I saw the drawing but I didn't know you'd finished it. I seriously think this might be my favorite piece of yours so far. The drawing is slick, the presentation is nice. Kudos, sir. The only thing that bothered me about it is what Raz already said about the ellipses of the lights on the nose of the bike.

Good job punk.

I'll have to jump in on these weekly things now that I'm back in Columbus. Being home in Indiana is artistically crippling. :P

Eugene Hoban said...

:P it is pritty nice. like the descriptions, very nice touch.

Kelly said...

badass