WOW. That bottom on looks like an authentic European landscape/cityscape painting. Way to go buddy ^^. I'm curious to know how much of it if any is photo manip?
Fo real, these are my favorite environs of yours. The jet has great atmosphere, lighting and perspective.
The city has a great eerie, surreal, kinda Odd Nerdrum feel to it. A good feeling!
As for crits, cuz this is the place to learn (not class), make the jet have a little something-something extra so it's not just a generic pretty jet. Add some sci-fi elements to the jet or make the shaping of it different. Have the glass dome be shorter and sleeker or something.
For the city, this is a tough nugget to crit. Maybe add a little hint that there's people living there. Like a lit window, or smoke out the chimney, clothes hanging out, people on the walkway.
If it's an abandoned place, have some vultures flying around or a crumbled building.
I just want to see a little spark of life in the vast sea of houses.
Yeah man, these both look great. Its funny that the color scheme is so similar in both pieces and they were both conceived at about the same time, lol. I particularly like the lighting on the jet one. I get a feeling of a very warm atmosphere.
For the jet piece, is the far wing broken? It's so much shorter than the foreground one. And for the cityscape, it feels pretty monochromatic. While, this does give it a strong sense of mood, I almost wonder if I would like it better with a little more of a shift between the warms and cools. Also, and maybe this is just on my laptop screen, I'm having a hard time seeing whats going on with the paths in the foreground. Are those buildings built over a large chasm on wood planks? Or is the ground just really dark?
Fry boi!- Authentic European landscape!!!! (I like that) yeah i used a fair amount of photos and then painted over them.
Den- yeah some more human inhabitants is a must... next time
Raz- Yeah that outer wing was tough to fake but it fits within the perspective lines and it is also turned up like most airplane wings are... so i dunno i guess next time u could just smash in some 30 model to make the perspective perfect...But what i have noticed is the wings aren't at 90 degrees more like 45 or 40 degrees from the body of the plane. You would have to Mr. Welch to figure that perspective out.
And yeah the cliff village does have some more foreground buildings you should plop it into PS and raise the mid tones and you will see it. My monitor is extra light and my laptop is extra dark so it is hard to balance the values correctly.
4 comments:
WOW. That bottom on looks like an authentic European landscape/cityscape painting. Way to go buddy ^^. I'm curious to know how much of it if any is photo manip?
Fo real, these are my favorite environs of yours. The jet has great atmosphere, lighting and perspective.
The city has a great eerie, surreal, kinda Odd Nerdrum feel to it. A good feeling!
As for crits, cuz this is the place to learn (not class), make the jet have a little something-something extra so it's not just a generic pretty jet. Add some sci-fi elements to the jet or make the shaping of it different. Have the glass dome be shorter and sleeker or something.
For the city, this is a tough nugget to crit. Maybe add a little hint that there's people living there. Like a lit window, or smoke out the chimney, clothes hanging out, people on the walkway.
If it's an abandoned place, have some vultures flying around or a crumbled building.
I just want to see a little spark of life in the vast sea of houses.
Good shit, yes yes. :D
Yeah man, these both look great. Its funny that the color scheme is so similar in both pieces and they were both conceived at about the same time, lol. I particularly like the lighting on the jet one. I get a feeling of a very warm atmosphere.
For the jet piece, is the far wing broken? It's so much shorter than the foreground one. And for the cityscape, it feels pretty monochromatic. While, this does give it a strong sense of mood, I almost wonder if I would like it better with a little more of a shift between the warms and cools. Also, and maybe this is just on my laptop screen, I'm having a hard time seeing whats going on with the paths in the foreground. Are those buildings built over a large chasm on wood planks? Or is the ground just really dark?
Fry boi!- Authentic European landscape!!!! (I like that) yeah i used a fair amount of photos and then painted over them.
Den- yeah some more human inhabitants is a must... next time
Raz- Yeah that outer wing was tough to fake but it fits within the perspective lines and it is also turned up like most airplane wings are... so i dunno i guess next time u could just smash in some 30 model to make the perspective perfect...But what i have noticed is the wings aren't at 90 degrees more like 45 or 40 degrees from the body of the plane. You would have to Mr. Welch to figure that perspective out.
And yeah the cliff village does have some more foreground buildings you should plop it into PS and raise the mid tones and you will see it. My monitor is extra light and my laptop is extra dark so it is hard to balance the values correctly.
:)
Post a Comment