Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Dominance War Failure, lol







So yeah, pretty much ditto everything Tyler said. I completely redid my final illustration 6 hours before it was due, so the final piece is really crappy and very unfinished. I mainly did it just so I had something to submit, so that all the work I put into the character's design and the model sheet wasn't completely wasted. I'm going to have to start earlier next year so that I don't get bombed by finals.
And people need to get in on the weeklies!! They're gonna be hot!

3 comments:

DEN said...

wassup big raz!

that bow is too serious. I wanted you to post it so I can dissect and learn from the shapes/form/flow of the bow.

The turnarounds are beastly as always.

You work well under pressure. You whipped out that final like it ain't nothing. As for crits, I would simplify the sky a little bit cuz the bow is pretty detailed and you got that girl too. Pop the girl from the sky more with brighter/more contrast. All the glowing outlines help a lot.

pz!

JAIR said...

Raz you also have a really nice a post for Dominance War!

The boards are put together very well... and very Pro i must say. Aside from your presentation the first board gives us a great amount of understanding in the development of this character. It seems you had a good idea of what you wanted and the different variations show that your final character was well thought out in construction. However it argueable that it is a tad bit cluttered and since there is some nice detail that gets lost, it may have been nice to see those Value studies and Costume Concepts on another board.

The second board is hot, it says everything it needs to say!

The third board and final illustration, as you know, needs a lot of work ma'friend. And without writing too much what i can say so far is only about the composition. As is sits right here there seems to be a lot of tangents between the main character and the environment elements, for ex. where he foot touches the horizon line and her wing thingy on the right touches that ominous foreground shape. These mistakes may have been avoid if you had more time but i feel that getting the best thumbnail should take as or almost as long as the final image; that beginning design is the most important part of a piece!

Good work keep on rockin!!!!

Tyler Parkinson said...

What failure! the two first boards are so pro. and you posted against all odds with ccad's monster finals.

you are a true dominance warrior!