
erhmm...I haven't posted anything on here so I figured this summer would be a good time to start. I'm working on skin tones and trying to get better @ painting/drawing so I decided to do a series of 3 paintings exploring different skin tones lighting and poses. They are as follows: Bruce Wills portrait, Fashion Girl Posing, & a self-portrait. I forgot to take a picture of the Bruce Willis one after the first sesssion (basically consisting of the drawing and a quickly placed values), but here's where I'm @ after session 2 -total of about 3 hours so far. I plan on spending around another 9-12 hours on it. C&C welcome.
3 comments:
wassup wassup
When I first saw it, I thought it was THIS GUY!
http://karmaswrestlingretro.com/billgoldberg.jpg
But no hate, no hate
I dig the stroky feeling I see in some parts like light midtones but when you do it for the darker midtone to shadow areas, it kinda looks messy
Keep at it! I see progress
When I first saw this i knew it was Bruce Willis, the likeness was captured. As far as this palette being a "representational" palette, it is not successful. This image, to me, looks more like a stylized palette (which is more interesting) I think you did a nice job of sectioning off the individual color shapes instead of a soft ass modulation. This still needs work but i think that is the point of the series. KEEP GOING!
Yeah, I could totally tell it was Bruce Willis. However, the proportion of the drawing is a bit off in places. The top of his skull looks a bit small and his mouth a bit low (I don't have a photo of him around me right now but these were my initial reactions from looking at this.) Are his eyes closed?
I think its a good start here though. Keep going, try tweaking those proportions a bit.
Post a Comment