Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Joseph Albrechts Zbrush Speed Sculpts

I have been meaning to post for a while now but I never got a chance. This is the last batch of work I did using zbrush. Each on of these speed sculpts took me anywhere from 6 to 9 hours including finding all the reference. I am planning on making close ups soon to show off all my details that you cant see in my turntables. All comments and critiques are welcome.

The vampire bat took me about 8 hours to complete



The Great White Shark took me about 6 hours to complete



The Timber Rattlesnake took me about 9 hours to complete



The Stag Beetle took me about 9 hours to complete and I actually did it all in one sitting which i have never done before.



If anyone is willing to give me concept work so I can sculpt it I am always looking for fresh Ideas. I will post more work soon.

2 comments:

JAIR said...

Joe!!!

good to see you posting work here... all looks great if i knew more about modeling i think i could give you proper crit... but i don't... They look great though!

lets chill sometime when we aren't so busy!

oh and be sure to crit others, that is a must!

Raz said...

Nice speed sculpts. I'd say you need to smooth out some of those funky wrinkles on the shark. Shark exterior is pretty slick and smooth. Also the snake scales look a little rough as far as positioning. Do you do base meshes for these speed sculpts or do you just do it straight up in zbrush? Is the topology organized or just like a straight grid? I'm not really familiar with whats entailed in a "speed sculpt". Cool stuff though man.