Monday, April 6, 2009

Dominance War Stuff





So here is the work I've done for my Dominance War character so far. I chose from the top silhouettes and even though its not in the last image, shes going to have that huge bow that is horizontally placed on the char in the middle of the top set of silhouettes.
I'm actually posting a bigger image of the last layout, but frikkin blogger keeps sizing it down automatically. Anyone ever had this happen and have any idea how to fix it??
And there are a lot of needed tweaks to the character painting and stance that I'm aware of. I kind of just rushed through these to keep moving along. I'll adjust for the next set. Currently fixing the facial feature alignments, making a more interesting hairstyle, and playing around with some ideas of possibly covering up her exposed and vulnerable belly.
Tell me what you like, what you don't like, or any random crits you'd care to share.
ty!

3 comments:

Ahmed Aldoori said...

RAZ RAZ RAZ

Man these are awesome. Your design ideas are sweet man. The bow is genius. I think you can really make a kick@ss final image with these. I have to say, my FAV is the alternating/inverting colors of the armor. Also the "writing" you've made up is slick haha. I think she would look cool all tattooed up.
I've noticed something in the finalist entries, there seems to be a sense of repetition somewhere within their designs. What I mean is, the way you have the spikes at the top works really well. I think it would be successful if you continued that element throughout the design, for example, have the spikes go along the armor all the way down getting smaller. (maybe.) I don't know, just an idea.
One of the characters I saw had a weapon that had "segments" like a caterpillar, again using that sense of repetition receding or expanding.

As for your comment on my blog, I totally agree with you. Those sketches were to get an idea of the size or shape of the demons. I then used them as reference for the actual drawings, my thread is ready you can see it there :D
http://gameartisans.org/forums/showthread.php?p=123688#post123688

JAIR said...

DOPE SILOS!

Raz said...

Thanks guys, and Med, thanks for the in depth analyzation. I've been trying to think of ways to unify the armor, someone from cgsociety called me out on it. I think straight spikes might be a little too cliche... I'm going to change them a bit I think and make them more flowing maybe... I don't know. Right now I'm just trying to figure out the final pose for the illustration and then I'll probably work off that silhouette to see what works best. I can't decide if I want to do the first or second value layout... first will most likely be white and gold as the main and accent, and second either black and gold or black and red.

Your thread is kicking man, and your stuff looks great. Its funny that you chose to do a cyborg after doing all that stuff for demons and war machines, hahaha. Its cool though, I've seen tons of people on CGSociety do the same thing. Looks like the GA crowd is jizzin in their pants over your stuff man, keep it up! I wanted to post something, but I wasn't sure if its illegal for me to do so while we're at war, lol. You aren't the only person I know from GA that is competing, so I've been wondering about that.

If you want to spy on my thread, its here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=282&t=750151

Nothing new their but except some bw thumbs for the final pose. Asking some opinions on the final posing at the moment.