Sunday, March 29, 2009

comic character rough


its for comic book i am still working out the final i think the armor needs a lot more work the color is close to what i want let me know what you think

11 comments:

DEN said...

I like the back way more than the front

The front...it's like he's a lazy pothead with that pose and eyes. Make his face look meaner. His entire body is fierce but his head/face is like a chubby high school kid w/ acne

I dig the hands in both front and back. Those are definitely hot.
The back spine armor looks cool....but a little overdone in anime and sci fi movies

peace!

Phong Nguyen said...

looks like goatboy. Biggest thing to fix for me are the legs. The bottom section should be bigger and more angular if you're going for the beast legs look.

JAIR said...

nice line werk there don... but he does look lazy, like instead of defeating bad guys he's ok with sitting at home in his sneaking suit and watch grey's anatomy or gossip girl.

Raz said...

Hey man, I remember when you showed me this before. Good stuff.



I don't know if I agree with everything they're saying about the face. I like how his expression is a bit laid back, he looks confident and kind of smug. I think as far as the stoner thing, you might want to take a couple more passes at the eyes. Make sure the top lids don't come down too low, because then the character looks lazy, tired, or detached. Also, having a harsh line like that under the eyes can make them look tired/cracked out, like having bags under your eyes. Not sure if you were going for that.



Something that I think will really help strengthen the stance and posture from the 3/4 view of this guy is tapering in his lower back. Right now his back area just above his hip looks almost just as wide as his shoulders. If you made that contour dip in a lot more as it heads to the lower back, it will make his stomach look less dense and his back and shoulders look a bit bigger/more muscular. Just try erasing out the shape in photoshop and see what you think.



I think the colors look pretty good. You might want to consider adding some darker value'd color as an accent, maybe... I feel like the upper legs and hip/crotch area need something more there. But I'm still trying to get a grasp on this stuff myself, so take this advice with a grain of salt, lol.

DEN said...

You dissing Gossip Girl and Little Jenny Humphrey?

http://celebrityblackberrysightings.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/taylor-momsen.jpg

she's 15

Donald McCullough said...

what !!

Donald McCullough said...

hot!

DEN said...

Raz, you need to take at least half the energy you are using to post on this comment board and put it into your art! (oh snap!)


OH SNAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


lol

Raz said...

You got me good dog... you got me good.

DEN said...

yes my dog. yes

now let's read The Lover together

blackconan said...

That face is crazy and the legs are to skinny. You changed his feet on the back view to human and the ass area is odd. Deuce!