Thursday, May 22, 2008

Street Fighter Character



My last fanart for the summer. He's a shape shifter during his day job.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Cool dude. The random blurry places are messing with my eyes though, and they dont seem to correspond to atmospheric perspective. Is this that one guy from 3rd Strike.. 12 or something? Anyway, looks pretty good. Digging the shaping, and fun concept.

Raz said...

Hey Phong. Looks cool, and I really like the colors. I'm not sure how much "final resolution" you were looking for in this piece, but here's some things that stuck out to me.

I agree with Kelly on the random blurryness comment. I think it works really well in some places, but as a whole the focus doesn't seem consistent. Also, all the clothes have super crisp edges, which for me makes them pop, when maybe they should be a little more blurry to fade a bit more into the background and draw less attention to themselves? The clothes probably could have used a bit more shadows and... sculpting?

His arms feel like they are not totally parallel to the viewing plane, yet his body seems to be facing straight forward. If his arms stayed this way, his body would need to be slightly angled. I get the feeling of the angle from the arms because the left side arm seems to be coming toward the viewer, right side arm away. See the size difference?

On a less critical note, his feet and head seem a bit pointy, but I'm not really familiar with the character, so maybe he looks like this. Is his face covered by a mask?

Last but not least, those are some sexy clouds.

Good job man.

DEN said...

Edge control is something a lot of people miss but it's so easy to fix. The guy's edges are softer than the towels and shirts. The hard edge on the guy's head is good but looking at his torso...it's softer than the pinkish towel to his right

Play more with the massing of the clouds. Even in pure silhouette, all those clouds should form a sweet-ass shape. Right now, they are scattered and not singing with each other

I digg the rendering on the guy. The warmth between the core shadow and light is a good touch. Though, the core shadow on his knees look too dark and dirty.

They subtle eyes are my favorite part

He should have a pair of dirty briefs on his head in his vain attempt to blend in...haha

Alex Alvarado said...

The sky seems to be a bit cyan-y and a bit high in value compared to the character. here's a quick edit to show what I mean. Hope you don't mind

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7884/phongeditzc7.jpg

Phong Nguyen said...

Hey thanks for the solid crits guys. I have taken them into account and uproot the...I mean fixed some things and re-uploaded.