Thursday, May 22, 2008

guess i'll start...

City scape practice

Character roughs








4 comments:

Kelly said...

Cool stuff jair. I think the girl's right arm looks kinda broken, and her hand lacks clarity. Cool shaping, i like the guy in the middle.

Cityscape looks good, although a little sloppy. Tighten up those windows!

Good shit!

Phong Nguyen said...

Nice man. I dig the helmet on the girl. The way the hair is positioned makes it look like she has a hairy upper arm at a glance. Guy in the middle looks like he's unsheathing a sword, but he's not. Nice job on the pants!

Raz said...

Good stuff. I really dig the lighting in the building scene. I do agree with what Kelly said about the roughness and the windows though. The bottom right quarter of the scene seems to fall apart. I get that this was to be more of a fast painting though...

Cool characters. The girl on the left reminds me of the one co-lab char we were doing, lol! The shields, mainly. I second Phong's comments and also, I'm having a hard time telling what kind of weapon the guy on the right is holding. A melee weapon or a rifle? Maybe a bit more detail on this would have cleared it up.

DEN said...

Hey wassup with the final of Seneca?! You were suppose to include me on the rooftop throwing steel pipes into the streets! :P

You captured the warmth of the sun and I really like the bright glowing white thing on the lower right

The rendering of fabric is cool on the figures. The center guy's jacket and pants are especially hot

The girl's dress looks like it belongs in a night club, not some warrior princess.

And the far right guy looks similar to wes9000's homeless characters. Sorry to keep comparing you to him but I say whatever's on my mind. :P