Hey dude, thanks for the crits. This stuff looks pretty solid, not much to critique. You nailed the likeness on meg. I think the self portrait is a tad dark. I think you could probably pop some lighter values and more detail into the face. Good work all around man, I really dug your portrait series in the show. Peeeeace
Hey man, good stuff. I really like the concept with Meg, lol. The rendering on this almost looks like CG. You've got a funky, but cool look to this one. The board shes holding looks like it was created in Maya or something... super smooth. Cool stuff. My only crit on this is that the fingers and eyes could have used a bit more detail. The fingers are definately bothering me, and at this size I can't tell if its the way that you painted them, or maybe its the structure/proportion.
The other portrait is cool. Its really dark on my laptop though, some of it is hard to see. Is your neck really that big? Your proportions on this might be suffering a *tiny* bit of vertical skewing.
Already saw the first piece in Color but haven't crit on it yet. Knowing your intention for it, I would add more elements in there to suggest that she's transitioning from her youth to a lifetime in jail. Maybe some girly clothes or accessories to show how innocent she was. And like gun or something (cheesy!), so she's this young innocent girl who just killed someone.
The hair seems a bit cutout, especially the angular shape of the hairline. She looks too fishy/CHInese eyed right now without upper eyelids. Lastly the shadow on the wall doesn't look right. It shouldn't be there if the light is coming from the top.
SP looking good. The modeling is nice done. Your beard looks too dark and "detached" right now.
I'd recommend instead of the codes/numbers on the top of her sign, you should instead have it read something. An inside joke or whatnot...just something to give it a little punch and more narration
I super dig the atmosphere and mood. It's like....resident evil
5 comments:
Hey dude, thanks for the crits. This stuff looks pretty solid, not much to critique. You nailed the likeness on meg. I think the self portrait is a tad dark. I think you could probably pop some lighter values and more detail into the face. Good work all around man, I really dug your portrait series in the show. Peeeeace
Hey man, good stuff. I really like the concept with Meg, lol. The rendering on this almost looks like CG. You've got a funky, but cool look to this one. The board shes holding looks like it was created in Maya or something... super smooth. Cool stuff. My only crit on this is that the fingers and eyes could have used a bit more detail. The fingers are definately bothering me, and at this size I can't tell if its the way that you painted them, or maybe its the structure/proportion.
The other portrait is cool. Its really dark on my laptop though, some of it is hard to see. Is your neck really that big? Your proportions on this might be suffering a *tiny* bit of vertical skewing.
Already saw the first piece in Color but haven't crit on it yet. Knowing your intention for it, I would add more elements in there to suggest that she's transitioning from her youth to a lifetime in jail. Maybe some girly clothes or accessories to show how innocent she was. And like gun or something (cheesy!), so she's this young innocent girl who just killed someone.
The hair seems a bit cutout, especially the angular shape of the hairline. She looks too fishy/CHInese eyed right now without upper eyelids. Lastly the shadow on the wall doesn't look right. It shouldn't be there if the light is coming from the top.
SP looking good. The modeling is nice done. Your beard looks too dark and "detached" right now.
Heyo heyo
I'd recommend instead of the codes/numbers on the top of her sign, you should instead have it read something. An inside joke or whatnot...just something to give it a little punch and more narration
I super dig the atmosphere and mood. It's like....resident evil
bahahahah i love the Meg one. So funny.
Post a Comment