Yo Den. This stuff is pretty solid. I think the robot's hand position (thumb up) makes the gun look very awkward to hold, like he could drop it at any minute. I like the idea of the little slits in the armor to allow movement of the limbs, but i dont really like the shaping of the legs. It reminds me of chicken legs or something. I think you can start pushing these designs to a better polish. Think of super slick cars.. the material used on those. Make some super shiny robots. Or at least give us a better idea of what the material is. The edges are somewhat sloppy in some areas, I think spending a little more time could help polish those up a bit and make it look cleaner. Overall i dig it, but its pretty similar to alot of the other robots you designed.
The level is looking good, I've seen most of it already. It looks very short, however. You dodge the creeper in the alley, dodge the woman chuckin shit out the window, jump over the biker and thats the end? Maybe it will seem longer once it is played. Anyway, solid stuff all around, but i think this semester you should really try breaking out of your happy place and you could potentially make some really amazing stuff. Graduation is right around the corner, go out with a bang so that $100k job will be waiting for you.
Maybe some indications of a handle and trigger under the left hand too, it looks like he's holding air. Be cool too see how that gun works too. Right now it doesn't look like it can shoot anything since there is no nozzle.
I generally agree with Phong and Kelly here about the robot. As far as how the gun shoots, maybe you could add some details that might make his weapon look like some type of futuristic chainsaw by adding some pistons/moving parts. I REALLY like the head design on this guy.
The flash levels look very nice. I like the style you've got going here. I think I saw updated versions of this stuff at your place this past week/weekend, so you know how I feel about it already anyhow.
3 comments:
Yo Den. This stuff is pretty solid. I think the robot's hand position (thumb up) makes the gun look very awkward to hold, like he could drop it at any minute. I like the idea of the little slits in the armor to allow movement of the limbs, but i dont really like the shaping of the legs. It reminds me of chicken legs or something. I think you can start pushing these designs to a better polish. Think of super slick cars.. the material used on those. Make some super shiny robots. Or at least give us a better idea of what the material is. The edges are somewhat sloppy in some areas, I think spending a little more time could help polish those up a bit and make it look cleaner. Overall i dig it, but its pretty similar to alot of the other robots you designed.
The level is looking good, I've seen most of it already. It looks very short, however. You dodge the creeper in the alley, dodge the woman chuckin shit out the window, jump over the biker and thats the end? Maybe it will seem longer once it is played. Anyway, solid stuff all around, but i think this semester you should really try breaking out of your happy place and you could potentially make some really amazing stuff. Graduation is right around the corner, go out with a bang so that $100k job will be waiting for you.
What kelly said.
Maybe some indications of a handle and trigger under the left hand too, it looks like he's holding air. Be cool too see how that gun works too. Right now it doesn't look like it can shoot anything since there is no nozzle.
I generally agree with Phong and Kelly here about the robot. As far as how the gun shoots, maybe you could add some details that might make his weapon look like some type of futuristic chainsaw by adding some pistons/moving parts. I REALLY like the head design on this guy.
The flash levels look very nice. I like the style you've got going here. I think I saw updated versions of this stuff at your place this past week/weekend, so you know how I feel about it already anyhow.
Post a Comment