My friend has always wanted to write a webcomic, I'm trying to find some kind of character style that would look good and be easy to pump out quickly. I'm going to do a series of all my hometown friends. This is myself
Hey Alex. This is okay, but you might want to consider a bit more polish. I'm not sure you captured your facial features so much, and your line work could probably be a little tighter. Watch out for descriptive linework that describes something that shouldn't be there, such as the wrinkle in the chest area. I just don't see a fold appearing there, looking like that. Also, if you're doing atmosphere effects (it looks like you pushed the background leg back a bit with a soft brush using white) you might want to consider not going over your linework, because I think the linework on something like this is important. You might want to put the linework on its own layer on top of everything else, and paint any atmosphere effects underneath it.
1 comment:
Hey Alex. This is okay, but you might want to consider a bit more polish. I'm not sure you captured your facial features so much, and your line work could probably be a little tighter. Watch out for descriptive linework that describes something that shouldn't be there, such as the wrinkle in the chest area. I just don't see a fold appearing there, looking like that. Also, if you're doing atmosphere effects (it looks like you pushed the background leg back a bit with a soft brush using white) you might want to consider not going over your linework, because I think the linework on something like this is important. You might want to put the linework on its own layer on top of everything else, and paint any atmosphere effects underneath it.
Post a Comment