Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HA sorry guys a little late

Finally!!! Finished meh Ben piece, after a long period of not having any digital media I've finally been able to do at least one digital painting for the summer ever since my hard drive crashed, thus losing all of my photoshop brushes and latest werks. So! this piece was done in painter and it kinda took me a bit since i'm not very good with color and took me awhile to concoct a colorful formula that would work well. So far this summer I' ve had a new dew, so I've been meaning to express it via self portrait. So! i've used an internet image of the devils tower and just colored it up and from there and unfortunately i drawn myself with no reference which is not exactly the best approach of things, but!!! I would like some comments or either "you did ok!" or " great job on mucking a color scheme up"

1 comment:

Raz said...

Sorry to hear about your loss (of brushes/comp) man. That hurts deep.

This piece caught my eye when I opened up the blog. Pretty strong looking from a smaller size. Your stroke control/layering has gotten a lot better but its still kind of splotchy, get that under control man. And the form/structure of your figure is coming along but you should have got some reference. That back arm/hand is really tiny and skinny, and the anatomy is kind of hit or miss across the figure. The face doesn't really look like you but I definately see some decent facial structure in there. Good ref is critical for portraits man, get on that!

I like the colors too, I think the colors and composition are what really caught my eye the most at first glance of this piece. I think maybe you could have varied your color use a little bit more and had a little less black in here. The colors scheme is really quite different from a Benjamin piece though, heheh. Way to push the chroma though.

I'm not exactly sure if I get what you're saying about Devil's tower and an internet image though...

Anyhow, I see you improving man. Keep workin hard at it.