Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Zarathustra + The Joker!


Well, it was only a matter of time before some fan art came out. Started painting this from a screenshot, but wanted him to have that sort of sarcastic, pissed off look he gets whenever a mobster calls him crazy, so the facial expression is from memory. I sort of feel like I'm blaspheming here, but I'm starting to like Painter more than Photoshop I think.

EDIT! - tweaked his expression a little. I don't know if anyone's been out here to even notice the change, but anyway there you have it.



My most recent endeavor. Wanted to get outside my comfort zone concerning color schemes. I don't really like yellow, so I figured I might as well do a whole painting in it. Anyway, it's about 20 hours or so in Painter X. And yes - he does have a penis.

2 comments:

Raz said...

The Joker looks pimp. You did a great job with the skin/makeup look. Its hot stuff. How long did this take?

For the other one, I really like the colors and the background stuff is pretty solid. Way to tackle the yellow stuff. I think it worked out pretty well. As far as the figure goes, the proportions and anatomy seem a bit off. His lower torso to his thighs reads strangely to me, and I think his legs might need to be longer, maybe? His ribcage seems too pronounced and rounded. Actually, a lot of the rendering of his forms seems a bit too circular, such as his biceps and shoulders. They look a bit too bulbous and it gives him a bit of a cartoony look. Also, I think there is something weird going on with his proportions throughout the arms and shoulders, but that might still be the rounded musculature affecting how I perceive this. That sounds like a lot of crits heh, but its still really good, I think the figure could just be improved. And I'm happy he has a penis.

And about Painter... don't turn to the dark side Jake!!!

Eugene Hoban said...

O_O painter more then Photoshop O_O i am confuzled. !?