Sunday, February 1, 2009

so i did some sketches





ummmm... am i the only one in here????

5 comments:

blackconan said...

Dig that your posting some traditional. I haven't seen an of your drawings in a while. I like the touch of color in the gradient ( i think thats a gradient). Some of the anatomy is off in places like the hands, feet and midsections on some of them. The layout would be more interesting if you alternated some of the way some of the figures are facing. Drawing them in a 3/4 pose would make them more dynamic. The design of the characters overall could be pushed further. How much time did you spend rendering these? The goons look like Chance did them (thats not a negative). I'm probably going overboard but I crit because I love. Please don't hate me.

JAIR said...

no HATE!
thanks for the crit... i wish u could tell me more specifically what is undesirable about the design and anatomy... i know some things are off i spent roughly 45 min on each and i referenced alot from anatomy books so...
chance!! lol coo coo

LidMayn said...

the hell. anat wise, like say on that fruit dude with the pony tail and random ass shoulder pad holding a long stick.... that arm thats holdin the sick, his elbow is shaped all weird like. the connection betweenthe bicep and forearm needs to be reevaluated old chum. the arms on the dude with the skull shoulder piece are stubby, and his knees have no shape. the shadows on the left knee of that tribal dude wearing tighty whities makes no sense, like where does the quad muscle attach to the knee... http://dr-hadi.tripod.com/one_file/image03.jpg erm, if i'm not being emo i may come over sat or sunday incase i'm not being clear.

Eugene Hoban said...

goons

Ahmed Aldoori said...

I agree with what everyone else said. The overall visual appearance is good though, it communicates the content successfully.

Maybe consider doing some more dynamic poses, having the characters do something with whatever objects they have. I know that wouldn't agree with strict "concept art" guidelines, but it could make an interesting outcome.